How to Make Shrimp Cocktail Dip
This shrimp cocktail dip is a standard in many homes. Serves 8 to 12.
- Mix the chili sauce, celery, scallion, parsley, lemon juice, horseradish and hot pepper sauce in a medium-sized bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Stir the shrimp into the cocktail sauce.
- Put the cream cheese on a serving platter and pour the shrimp mixture over the top.
- Serve with crackers.
- 1 c. American-style chili sauce
- 1 finely chopped scallion
- 1 medium-rib celery with leaves
- 1 tbsp. bottled horseradish
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 8 oz. cooked, peeled, deveined and finely chopped shrimp
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- hot red pepper sauce to taste