How to Make Watermelon Sorbet
A refreshing dessert that's easy to prepare during the summer months. Serves four.
- Try this other delicious sorbet Ginger Bites with Zesty Lemon Sorbet.
- Cut the melon into 1-inch-thick semi-circular slices. Chop the flesh coarsely.
- Discard the seeds from the melon. Puree.
- Heat 1 c. puree with the sugar over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the remaining puree, lime juice and Sambuca.
- Cover and chill the mixture until cold.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker.
- Cover the sorbet with plastic wrap and freeze at least 6 hours.
- 1- 3 1/2- to 4-lb. piece of watermelon
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. Sambuca