Make a Classic Club Sandwich
This is the double-decker sandwich known and loved at lunch counters everywhere.
- Slice the turkey or chicken thinly.
- Toast the white bread.
- Spread the toasted bread lightly with mayonnaise.
- Top four of the bread slices with lettuce and 2 oz. of turkey.
- Top the turkey with another four slices of bread, mayonnaise side up.
- Top each of these slices of bread with lettuce, a slice of tomato, four slices of bacon and some cucumber.
- Top with another four slices of bread, mayonnaise side down, and cut each sandwich into four triangles.
- Pierce each triangle with a toothpick and serve.
- 1 large tomato
- 12 slices white bread
- 16 slices bacon, cooked crisp and drained
- 4 leaves Bibb lettuce
- about 8 oz. cooked turkey or chicken - white meat
- cucumber (optional)