Making Arugula and Fig Salad
This salad is perfect for reflecting some of the greatest flavors of summer. It can be enjoyed with roast chicken and a glass of chardonnay, or as a light meal on its own. Serves two.
- Dress the salad just before serving to prevent wilting.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make the balsamic vinaigrette.
- Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast in oven for 8 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Wash the arugula and figs. Spin the arugula dry, or blot with a paper towel.
- Put the arugula in a mixing bowl and drizzle with vinaigrette. Slice the figs and place them in the bowl with the arugula. Toss together.
- Sprinkle the toasted nuts and gorgonzola over the salad and serve.
- 1 bunch arugula
- 3 oz. crumbled gorgonzola
- 3 oz. toasted walnuts
- 6 ripe figs
- balsamic vinaigrette