Making Shrimp Quesadillas
These are a great appetizer for parties and can be made very quickly. Serves six as a generous starter.
- Heat the butter and bell pepper in a skillet over medium heat until the bell pepper starts to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and a pinch of salt, and stir, flipping the shrimp over several times until they just turn from gray to pink.
- Add the tarragon and cook for 1 minute. Add the water.
- Remove the shrimp mixture from the heat. Place a tortilla on a cast-iron griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle cheese and then some of the shrimp mixture evenly over half of the tortilla. Fold the other half of the tortilla over it, so no cheese or shrimp is showing.
- Cook for 1 minute or so and then, using a spatula, flip the quesadilla over to cook the other side for 2 minutes. When done, move to a cutting board and cut into wedges.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Serve with a fruit or tomatillo salsa.
- 1 lb. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 lb. small raw shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded, stemmed, and cut into strips
- 2 tbsp. water
- 5 sprigs of tarragon, finely chopped
- 6 large flour tortillas
- pinch of salt
- ORTEGA SALSA PRIMA - Thick & Chunky