Tips for Easy Weeknight Dinner Prep
When you're raising a family, dinners together are not always easy. Here are 5 tips so you'll always be ready to sit down and enjoy a meal together.
- Stock Strategically: Keep your favorite basics on hand so you'll always have something to work with. Here are a few of our favorite emergency ingredients that have saved dinner on several occasions:
- Take Lists to the Next Level: Skip last-second treks to the store by setting up a simple way to manage your grocery list. Try using a notes feature on your smart phone, so you can simply type items in as you are going throughout the day.
- Prep Once, Eat Twice: Save time by prepping a second dish when you have a chance to cook. Fix chicken breasts and use the extra ingredients to prepare enchiladas for another meal. Or make meat loaf, and stow extra chopped onions and browned meat in the fridge for chili night.
- Slow-cook Creatively: Prep a slow-cooker meal that you can refrigerate overnight and plug in before work and school. In addition to soups and stews, think savory loose meat for sandwiches and casseroles featuring fresh vegetables.
- Have a Go-to Recipe: Choose a quick recipe the whole family loves, and keep the ingredients on hand for last-minute meals. Don't have a favorite? Try Juicy Juice Apple Pork Chops, Beef Penne Pasta Casserole or Chicken & Rice Casserole.