Easter is often the first chance we get to celebrate the spring season. Use the fruits, flowers and themes of the season to adorn your Easter table.
- Keep your centerpiece at a height that will allow diners an unobstructed view of each other.
- Use spring prints, pastel solids and coordinating satin ribbon to make small gift bags.
- Keep your centerpiece small if your table space is limited. Remember that you will have to leave room for serving platters, dishes and condiments.
- Make sure that any foliage used as table decoration is clean before placing it on the table or near food items.
- Make your own tablecloth, napkins, place mats and table runner. These items are easy to make and add a special touch to any holiday table.
- Order or make a fresh flower arrangement. Spring and Easter bouquets and arrangements are very popular, so make sure to order ahead of time.
- Place a large bunch of freshly cut flowers in a decorative vase. Use this simple decoration as your table's centerpiece, and scatter fresh flower petals around its base.
- Use white or pastel candles to make your own Easter centerpiece. Set taper or pillar candles in white porcelain or silver-toned candleholders, and arrange fresh greenery and fresh flower petals around the base.
- Place a large decorative bowl in the center of your table and fill it with fresh fruit. Arrange fresh greenery and flower petals around the base of the bowl. Place small stuffed chicks and/or bunnies on top of the petals.
- Place freshly cut lilies in a large basket for your centerpiece. Tie the stalks together with a large bow, and fill in any empty spaces with fresh greenery and baby's breath.
- Set your table with a tablecloth, table runner, place mats and napkins done in spring prints and coordinating solids. Use prints sparingly to avoid giving your table a busy look and to keep attention focused on your centerpiece.
- Use napkin rings that reflect the season as well. Hand-paint holiday motifs onto plain ceramic napkin rings or use purchased napkin rings that use a floral or spring motif.
- Use your good china or use special dishes that show spring or floral motifs. If you are using a lot of holiday print fabric to decorate your table, use dishes in coordinating solid colors and complement them with silver or wooden charger plates.
- Place a small gift at each table setting. Fill small sachet bags with candied almonds, candied fruit or other treats.
- Use purchased wooden egg shapes with flat bottoms to mark place settings. Paint the wooden eggs using spring and Easter motifs, and paint or write your guests' names on the eggs.