Garlic bread goes well with many pasta dishes, as well as poultry, beef and fish. It is a dinner staple that is guaranteed to please. Makes two loaves.
Garlic Bread Tips:
- 2 baguettes
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- 8 oz. butter (2 sticks)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 t. fresh parsley or other herb, minced
How to Make Garlic Bread:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small food processor or a blender, puree garlic with butter until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in parsley.
- Cut baguettes crosswise into 1-inch sections without cutting all the way through the bottom.
- Spread garlic mixture in each cut, and spread remaining mixture on the tops of the baguettes.
- Wrap baguettes loosely in foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Open foil to expose the tops of baguettes and bake for 5 more minutes, or until hot and crusty.