Make a tropical treat that's worth remembering with this easy to prepare dessert recipe. Makes 6 c.
Tips for Making Mango Sorbet:
- 3 c. sugar
- 3 c. water
- 3 tbsp. lime juice - freshly squeezed
- 4 ripe mangoes (about 3 1/2 lbs.)
Making Mango Sorbet:
- Heat the sugar and water and bring to a boil. Boil until the sugar dissolves, and cool.
- Wash and dry the mangoes.
- Remove the two flat sides of each mango with a sharp knife, cutting lengthwise alongside the pit and cutting as close to the pit as possible. The mango flesh should be in two large pieces.
- Scoop the flesh with a spoon from the mango sides. Cut as much flesh from the pit as you can.
- Put all the mango flesh in a blender.
- Take 1 c. cooled syrup and add to the blender. Add the lime juice and puree until smooth.
- Freeze the mango puree in an ice cream maker.
- Freeze the sorbet at least 6 hours, or until frozen hard.