You'll get a kick out of the Bloody Mary, a familiar mix of vodka, tomato-based juices and some zesty spices. Serves one.
- For a Bloody Beach, substitute one part Malibu rum and one part vodka for the vodka.
- For a sweeter drink, add a few more drops of Worcestershire sauce.
- Substitute beef bouillon for the V8 to make a Bloody Bull.
- Try adding 1/4 oz. horseradish sauce.
- Use Clamato juice instead of the V8 for a Bloody Caesar.
- Use regular or spicy V-8 juice from a bottle, not a can.
- Use tequila instead of vodka, and lime juice instead of lemon juice for a Bloody Maria.
- A Bloody Beer is 1/3 tomato juice and 2/3 beer - none of the other stuff.
- Substitute Seagram's 7 for vodka to get a Bloody Seven.
- Put ice in shaker with V-8 or tomato juice, lemon juice, ground black pepper, vodka, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce.
- Shake six to eight times.
- Strain cocktail from shaker into a chilled old-fashioned glass.
- Garnish with celery stick or lime wedge.
Mixed drinks contain alcohol, so use moderation.
Never drink and drive.