Here's some tips and recipes for decadent and delicious chocolate cheesecakes.
- Give these chocolate cheesecakes a try: Fruited White Cheesecake and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake.
- Avoid over mixing, as it can incorporate an excess of air in the batter and cause the cake to rise too much during baking. The cake then falls and cracks as it cools.
- While the cheesecake is cooling, wait until it is warm to the touch (but not hot), then run a knife around the rim to loosen the cake from the sides of the pan. If the sides can pull away from the pan as the cake shrinks, it will lessen the chances of a crack.
- Be careful not to over bake. Check the cake at the minimum cooking time. The very center should jiggle slightly. Avoid using a knife or toothpick to check for doneness.
- Be sure to use a spring form pan to bake a cheesecake, as these allow for the easiest removal of the cake. Place the spring form pan on a baking sheet when in the oven to capture any leaks.
- Cool the cheesecake completely at room temperature before chilling.