It takes some skill to open a bottle of Champagne so that the bubbly ends up in the flutes and not all over your guests.
- Keep glasses nearby and ready to catch the foam.
- Remove the foil from the cork.
- Untwist the wire restraint securing the cork.
- Wrap the bottle's neck and cork in a dish towel.
- Angle the bottle away from everyone.
- Take hold of the cork with the towel and gently untwist.
- Continue untwisting, or hold the cork in place and twist the bottle itself.
- Slowly ease the cork out of the bottle's neck. Listen for the pop and pour.