Store your tailgate party supplies in a large plastic tub. Then just grab the food and your tub and party.
- Try these easy bar cookies recipes for your party: Deluxe Toll House Mud Bars and Oat Date Bars.
- Check with the school or stadium about tailgating rules.
- Pre-pack as much as possible to save on stress the day of the game.
- Store plates, napkins, towels, forks, spoons, knives, a first aid kit, aprons, tongs and heavy trash bags in a plastic tub.
- If you're going to grill, remember charcoal, lighter fluid, matches, barbecue utensils and your grill.
- Prepare all the food you can a day or two early and store in disposable containers. That way you don't have to worry about washing the dishes.
- Pack all perishable foodstuffs in freezer bags in an ice chest.
- Freeze plastic jugs, such as juice or milk containers, 3/4 full of water. Remove them from the freezer on game day for fresh, cold water.
- Pack meats in freezer bags in ice. Make hamburger patties ahead of time.
- Pack a table, folding chairs and team spirit paraphernalia.