So the sun isn't out and the rain is falling. Don't let that stand in your way. Have an indoor picnic and chase the blues away.
- Choose a room for your picnic that has lots of floor space. A living room or family room works best.
- Make a big sun out of yellow construction paper and hang it from the ceiling or on the wall. Hang a few white, puffy paper clouds from the ceiling, too.
- Spread a large blanket on the floor.
- Cut some ants out of black construction paper and scatter them around the edges of the blanket.
- Put on beach music and dress in shorts and sunglasses.
- Turn on all the lights and crank up the heat.
- Get out the picnic basket and pack a meal inside it. Make sandwiches and lemonade and add some store-bought potato salad and cookies.
- Arrange paper plates and napkins on the blanket and serve your picnic meal.
- Remind your picnic guests not to litter and to pick up their trash.
- Lie on the blanket on your backs and watch your clouds and dream about real sunny days.