Show Mom how much you care by hosting a special brunch in her honor.
- Make the event a fun experience for everyone involved. Be joyful and loving in the planning and preparation. Whistle and smile while you work.
- Arrange it all so that Mom doesn't have to lift a finger. Clean up after you cook, straighten or clean the house before and after the event. Leave the place sparkling.
- Open the curtains and let the sun shine in. Place flowers everywhere.
- Decide whether Mom would prefer an intimate and relaxing event or a large and raucous gathering. Or perhaps an intimate and raucous gathering, or a large and relaxing event. In any case, consider what Mom would prefer. This is her day.
- Celebrate the contributions of mothers everywhere by including grandmothers, aunts, great aunts, young mothers and their kids. Everyone will enjoy the sense of community and celebration.
- Take family photos to commemorate the moment. Put the resulting photos in an album for Mom.
- Choose a menu that will be easy to prepare (especially for large groups of people): scrambled eggs with sausage, fresh mixed fruit, pastries, sour cream coffee cake and mimosas are great for large or small gatherings.
- Set the mood for the meal. For an afternoon brunch, set the table with the good china, nicely folded napkins and flowers in a nice vase. Add a few vanilla or lavender scented candles if you don't use flowers.
- Consider breakfast in bed. Serve Mom her favorite muffins, fresh fruit, coffee and orange juice on a tray. Put her favorite section of the paper, flowers and small gifts on the tray. Tiptoe out of her room and let her relax.