The hustle and bustle of the holiday season can make you feel tired, stressed and run-down. Your immune system can get depressed, and you may end up sick if you don't take the time to take care of yourself.
- At the first sign of a cold or flu, slow down and rest. Take care of yourself -otherwise, you may end up spending the holidays in bed.
- Get adequate sleep. Even if your routine is interrupted by guests and/or travel, maintain a regular sleep schedule as much as possible.
- Eat healthy, nutritious foods. Avoid getting into the fast-food routine because you're busy.
- Take a high-potency multivitamin if you are not already doing so. You may want to take extra vitamin C to help boost your immune system.
- Avoid taking on too much. You can't do everything, and you will become stressed and fatigued if you try to.
- Attend the parties you really want to go to, not the ones that you just feel obligated to attend.
- Streamline your shopping. Use the Internet or mail-order catalogs. Shopping from home will save you energy. In addition, you will avoid crowded stores packed with all types of germs.
- Keep up your exercise program.
- Avoid excessive drinking. You may end up with a hangover and/or feel drained and fatigued.
- Make private time. Relax, read, take a bath - time for yourself will rejuvenate and refresh you.