If you want to be really fancy, you can make this an eight-layer dip. Just put the seven layers on top of a layer of shredded lettuce. Voila! And you didn't even need an abacus. Makes enough for 16 appetizer servings.
- You can also try making your own guacamole.
- Good luck making this dish lighter. It's not meant to be spa food. You can make a dent in the calories, though, by using reduced fat sour cream and reduced fat cheese. Getting rid of the olives would cut down on calories as well. If you still want seven layers, spread 2 to 3 cups shredded lettuce on the platter as your first layer and then proceed as directed, except omitting the olives.
- Combine bean dip and picante sauce. Spread on a platter in a 1/4-inch thick layer.
- Layer sour cream and then guacamole dip.
- Top with cheese, green onions and then olives.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours (and up to 24 hours).
- Before serving, sprinkle with chopped tomato. Serve with chips or crackers.