Whether you are a traditionalist, or someone who likes to mix things up, these Bloody Mary recipes will add a savory libation to your next gathering. To start, get familiar with the classic version.
Classic Bloody Mary
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 3 oz. tomato juice
- Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 0.5 oz. lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt (celery salt if available)
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 stalk celery, lemon wedge or lime wedge for garnish
- Add liquid ingredients to a shaker with ice, shake it up to blend the liquids
- Season to taste, and shake again
- Strain into a glass
- Salt the rim
- Add garnishes
If you want to keep it simple, and make it special, try these tips to the classic recipe:
- For a sweeter drink, add a few more drops of Worcestershire sauce
- For a kick, add 1/4 oz. horseradish sauce
- To add a citrus flavor, add lemon, lime, orange or grapefruit – as a twist or a wedge
Skewering a few of these options will make your beverage unique:
- Pickled green beans
- Pepperoni stick
- A slice of crisp bacon
- Pickled onions
- Baby Corn
- Cheddar cheese cubes
- Cherry tomatoes
A Bloody Mary pairs well with a variety of meals. Try these ideas for your next soiree.
Replace ½ of your vodka with Malibu rum and add citrus to this summery option.
Pairs nicely with your favorite ocean side meals.
Try Fish Packets with Pesto to accompany your Bloody Beach.
Substitute ½ of your tomato juice with beef bouillon.
Filipino Style Beef Stew is for the carnivore in all of us.
Use Clamato juice instead of tomato juice. A little anchovy paste would add an additional kick.
Enjoy this version with any of these fabulous Caesar Salad recipes.
If you want to give your beverage a Tex-Mex flair, replace your vodka with tequila and use lime juice instead of lemons. Pairs nicely with guacamole and chips or your favorite Mexican dishes.
These Cinco de Mayo recipes are muy bueno!
If you’re a fan of a beer chaser, combine your tastes by using 1/3 tomato juice and 2/3 beer.
Pizza Burgers are the perfect pairing for this beverage twist.
Seagram’s 7 replaces the vodka for this unique twist on the classic.
Nothing goes better with whiskey than Irish stew.