So your lasagna bubbled over and your souffle exploded? Not to worry - cleaning your oven is not the all-day chore it used to be.
- Remove oven racks and place them in soapy water to soak.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Turn on your automatic oven cleaner; this usually entails locking the door and turning the function switch to “clean.”
- Let the oven do its work; it will heat for several hours, charring off baked-on foods.
- Turn the oven off and spray the inside with oven cleaner.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Wipe the cleaner and dirt away with a damp sponge, rinsing frequently.
- Dry with a soft cloth.