Use observation and problem solving skills to figure out the clues in this scavenger hunt. Great for ages 6 and up.
What you need:
Before kids arrive:
- Construction paper
- Markers or crayons
- Prize bags for the winners (for example: stickers, activity books, coloring book)
- Draw 10 football shapes on construction paper and cut them out.
- Number the footballs 1-10.
- Write down the clues on a piece of paper to give to the scavenger hunters or tell them one clue at a time as they solve each one.
- Hide the footballs around the house according to the provided clues or come up with your own clues and alternate hiding places. Tip: You may need a few pieces of tape to help attach footballs in one or two spots.
- If you have enough kids to make 2 teams, hide 2 sets of different colored footballs so that each team has their own set of footballs to find.
- For motivation prepare a prize for each player for when all of the footballs are found.
- I’m hidden in the kitchen where things are cool. I am on it, not in it. Do you see me? (Hide a football on the fridge)
- I’m with bubbly things, where you get squeaky-clean. Can you find me? (Hide a football in the tub)
- I’m under cover, where the tooth fairy leaves coins. Do you know where to find me? (Hide a football under a bed pillow)
- I’m with something that brushes the floor and not your head. Do you know where I am? (Hide a football with a broom)
- I’m on something that gets you dry after you take a bath. Do you see me? (Hide a football on a towel)
- I’m hanging up on something that makes the room darker when shut and brighter when open. Do you see me? (Hide a football on a curtain or blind)
- I’m where your hands get clean before dinner. Do you see me? (Hide a football in a sink)
- I’m with many letters and pictures and things to be read. Do you know where I am? (Hide a football in a magazine basket or on a bookshelf)
- I’m with things that cover your feet when you walk. It can be stinky in here if your feet are hot. Can you find me? (Hide a football in a shoe)
- I am underneath something that you like to sit on and watch the big game. Do you know where I am? (Hide a football under the couch)