Kitchen counters never have enough space. Think vertical and make extra room.
- Install a fold-down rack under a cabinet to keep utensils, cords or spices handy and out of the way.
- Put a lazy Susan in a corner cabinet to make use of wasted space.
- Purchase a wall-mounted wire dish drainer at a kitchen shop. This gets the drainer out of your way and frees up a lot of counter space.
- Buy a roll-out pantry to fit between the refrigerator and the wall. Store canned goods there and use your cabinets for more frequently accessed items.
- Put in a wire shelf rack to double your storage space under the sink.
- Buy portable shelves from discount stores. They come in wood or wire styles and are designed to just sit on the counter, no installation required.
- Add wire baskets to the inside of cabinet doors. Baking goods are easier to find in an upper cabinet; wax paper, aluminum foil and plastic wrap are easy to reach on an inside pantry door; dish soap and sponges stay out of sight on the door below the sink.