Have you seen a gorgeous swirled or marbled cheesecake and wondered how to make yours look that pretty? It's actually a very easy way to dress up your perfect, silky cheesecake. Read below to find out how.
- You'll need 2 parts for the cheesecake: one larger portion for the regular cheesecake and one to make the marbled effect. This smaller portion for marbling can be chocolate-based, cooked fruit, lemon curd or other sweet concoction that works with cheesecake.
- Pour the regular cheesecake batter into the prepared springform pan. It won't be completely full.
- Drop round spoonfuls of the secondary batter into the pan, making little mounds of flavor in your cheesecake. The pattern can be random.
- Use a butter knife or small spatula, inserting it into one of the mounds. Only insert it partway; you don't need to touch the bottom of the pan. Drag the knife from the mound outwards, into a pattern.
- Repeat for each mound. Be careful not to overdo it, as you'll lose the marble effect.
Once you've marble the cheesecake, continue following the recipe for baking.
Ready to try this yourself?