Use cookie cutters in a variety of ways to add to your valentines.
- Assemble a selection of various sizes of heart-shaped cookie cutters.
- Use the cookie cutters as stencils. Trace them to create perfect hearts on your valentines. This is a good method for children who have difficulty drawing hearts.
- Try tracing a large heart and progressively smaller hearts inside it with different colored pens or markers.
- Trace the hearts on several layers of colored paper or fabrics and glue them on top of one another on your card to give the card depth.
- Create your own sugar cookie or chocolate chip cookie mix. Measure some into plastic bags. Write baking instructions on a heart-shaped piece of paper or card stock. Punch a hole in the corner of the instructions. Attach the instructions and a heart-shaped cookie cutter to the bag with red and pink ribbon. Give these wonderful packages as gifts to all of your valentines.
- Glue an attractive heart-shaped cookie cutter onto a card. Cookie cutters with handles or scalloped edges are particularly nice for this. Decorate the rest of the card.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter as a frame for a decorated cookie valentine. Bake some heart-shaped cookies. Decorate the cookies with Valentine's Day messages. Place each cookie inside a heart-shaped cookie cutter and wrap in cellophane. Decorate the package with ribbons. Giving a valentine cookie this way helps protect the cookie from breaking during transport.