Break out the chips and salsa, you're making frozen margaritas! Call 'em "blended" if you prefer, just serve them as soon as they're made for best results. Serves one.
- Some people don't like the salt on the glass, so you might ask first.
- Variations of the frozen margarita include fruit. Cut the ice down to 1/2 c. and add 1/2 c. frozen fruit. Try peach, raspberry, cherry or strawberry liqueurs instead of Triple Sec and use the same fruit in the drink. Blend for 20 seconds, instead of 10, and garnish with appropriate fresh fruit.
- Rub a lime around the rim of a margarita glass and then dip the glass into a plate of coarse salt.
- Put 2 oz. tequila, 3/4 oz. fresh lime juice and 1 oz. Triple Sec or Cointreau in a blender with 1 c. crushed ice.
- Blend at medium speed for 5 to 10 seconds and pour immediately.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- 1 c. crushed ice
- 1 oz. Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 2 oz. tequila
- 3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
- coarse salt
- garnish: lime wedge
Mixed drinks contain alcohol, so use moderation.
Never drink and drive.