Great for dinner parties and hungry, healthy families. Serves 4.
- Substitute snapper for sea bass, if desired.
- Try stuffing the fish with a combination of sautéed onions, celery, bread crumbs, parsley and marjoram.
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F. Oil a baking dish large enough to fit the entire fish.
- Season the fish lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake the fish 8 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or about 40 minutes.
- Baste the fish once or twice with melted butter.
- Test for doneness. Make a slit near the bone with a knife and see if the fish is flaky and cooked through.