You can gear up for the big game in the stadium parking lot (or in your own driveway) with a good-time BBQ tailgate party.
- Here are some great recipes for snacking; Blizzard Party Mix, Chewy Chocolate Brownies and Apple Bran Muffins.
- Prepack your ice chest and cooler as much as possible the night before to save time when you're heading out for the game in the morning.
- If the forecast calls for rain, pack up your patio table with the big umbrella. You don't want to let a little weather ruin your party.
- Put on every bit of clothing you own with your team's insignia on it. You cannot go overboard here. Face paint in your team's colors is always a nice touch.
- Decorate your truck, van or sports utility vehicle making sure to put a flag on your antennae so that your friends can find you.
- Pack your ice chest with lots of hamburgers and hotdogs to grill, buns and condiments along with plenty of beer.
- Pack your BBQ grill, charcoal, lighter fluid and spatula. If you really want to show off your team spirit, you can get a helmet grill or NFL cooler with your team's logo on it.
- Order a party-in-a-box, including plates, napkins, cups, cover and snack bowl, with your team's insignia on it.
- Bring a portable radio, and set it up on top of your vehicle so that you can hear pregame interviews or keep track of the other games going on.
- Bring several folding chairs so that everyone can sit comfortably while they chow down.
Check with the school or stadium about tailgating rules.
Don't drink and drive; have a designated driver for post game transportation.