3-Nut Chocolate Mocha Pie
This 3-Nut Chocolate Mocha Pie has all the flavors of pecan pie with the delicious addition of rich chocolate, walnuts, macadamia nuts and a hint of coffee liqueur; this 1st Prize winning pie is easy to make and sure to please your family and friends alike. From the kitchen of Joyce Andrews of Blossburg, PA.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell *
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlua Brand liqueur)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Whole pecans, walnuts and macadamia nuts
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
BEAT eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in brown sugar, dark and light corn syrups, butter, liqueur and vanilla extract. Stir in walnuts, pecans, macadamias and 1/2 cup morsels. Spoon into pie shell.
BAKE for 35 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
PLACE 1 cup morsels and cream in uncovered, medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15- second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in liqueur. Cool to room temperature.
PIPE rosettes or dollop whipped cream around side of pie. Place alternating whole nuts in centers of rosettes or dollops. Cut pie into slices. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce onto plate in zigzag pattern. Top with slice of pie. Drizzle chocolate sauce in zigzag pattern over top of pie.
* If using frozen pie shell, use deep-dish style, thawed completely. Bake on baking sheet; increase baking time slightly.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
3nut chocolate mocha pie
this was the best pie that we tasted at the party because the cakes were dryed tasting.
Nuts about nuts
I knew I had to try this as soon as I read the recipe because Pecan pie is one of my favorites. I also decided to make a change before trying the recipe as is. DID NOT use "finely" chopped nuts - substituted coarsly chopped instead and it was delicious!
Was not thrilled with this recipe. Too sweet and too much coffee taste. I like my coffee unsweetened so might try it next time with just one spoon of coffee flavoring and less corn syrup. Guests liked it though and requested the recipe.
3-nut chocolate Mocha Pie
DELICIOUS!! This wonderful dessert takes a little time to make, but it is definately worth it! Moist and sooo good! Great with ice cream or just by itself.
This was a very lucious pie and one that I loved. I will make this pie again.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 910
- Calories from Fat: 530
- Total Fat: 59g (91% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 18g (91% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 110mg (36% of DV)
- Sodium: 250mg (10% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 90g (30% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 5g (20% of DV)
- Sugars: 70g
- Protein: 10g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.