This scrumptious recipe for Abuelita Bread Pudding is sure to be a family favorite. Topped with a dollop of whipped cream and served with coffee, it is the perfect end to a bountiful meal.
- 2 tablets (90 g each) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 slices French bread, sliced 1-inch-thick
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) crumbled panela cheese
PLACE Abuelita, evaporated milk, water, sugar, raisins, nuts and cinnamon stick in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil and texture is smooth. Remove from heat; discard cinnamon stick.
PLACE bread in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Pour chocolate mixture over bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve hot or chilled.