This Abuelita Chicken Mole is great for entertaining and family meals and is ready in less than one hour. Mole is a traditional chocolate-based sauce from Mexico that you will enjoy trying. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top as a garnish.
- 6 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon, divided
- 1 (3 to 4 pounds total) whole chicken, skinless and cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 jar (8.25 ounces) prepared mole
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ ABUELITA Granulated Chocolate Drink Mix
- NESTLÉ Media Crema
- Toasted sesame seeds
SPRINKLE 2 teaspoons bouillon on chicken.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, turning frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove from skillet.
PLACE hot water and remaining 4 teaspoons bouillon in large saucepan; mix well. Stir in mole until dissolved. Add Abuelita chocolate. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes or until chocolate is dissolved and mixture has thickened. Add chicken; cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken mole topped with media crema and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Review This Recipe
Read More Reviews