This traditional chocolate based Abuelita Chicken Mole is great for entertaining and family meals and is ready in less than one hour. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- 6 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon, divided
- 1 (3 to 4 pounds total) whole chicken, skinless and cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 jar (8.25 ounces) prepared mole
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ ABUELITA Granulated Chocolate Drink Mix
- NESTLÉ Media Crema
- Toasted sesame seeds
SPRINKLE 2 teaspoons bouillon on chicken.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, turning frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove from skillet.
PLACE hot water and remaining 4 teaspoons bouillon in large saucepan; mix well. Stir in mole until dissolved. Add Abuelita chocolate. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes or until chocolate is dissolved and mixture has thickened. Add chicken; cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken mole topped with media crema and sprinkled with sesame seeds.