This Abuelita Chilaquiles recipe got its inspiration from the traditional Mexican dish. This recipe combines the subtle flavors of poblano chiles, tomatoes and chocolate which is used in many sauces, called moles, in Mexico. You'll love this easy preparation of a classic. Top with grated cheese and garnish with chopped onion and cilantro.
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 10 small corn tortillas, cut into triangles
- 2 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 4 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Tomato Bouillon
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ ABUELITA Granulated Chocolate Drink Mix
- NESTLÉ Media Crema
- Grated panela cheese for garnish
- Diced onions for garnish
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE chiles, tomatoes and juice and bouillon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth; set aside.
COOK sliced onion and garlic in same skillet over medium-high heat until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Add chile puree and Abuelita chocolate; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
PLACE tortillas in large serving dish. Pour sauce over tortillas.
TOP with media crema, cheese, diced onions and cilantro. Serve immediately.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.