Try a sweet twist on traditional chimichangas this winter. A lighter, baked version, this one-of-a-kind Abuelita Chimichangas dessert features sliced bananas coated in cinnamon chocolate syrup, wrapped in a delicate pastry dough.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate Syrup
- 6 frozen phyllo dough sheets, defrosted according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar (1 tablespoon granulated sugar plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE bananas, nuts and Abuelita syrup in medium bowl; stir gently to coat.
PLACE 1 phyllo sheet on flat kitchen surface. Fold in half; spray with cooking spray. Place about 1/3 cup banana mixture on bottom third of short end of phyllo sheet; spread to within 1 inch from each side. Fold bottom of dough over filling; fold dough in on both sides then roll up burrito-style. Repeat process with remaining phyllo sheets and banana mixture; place on baking sheet seam-side-down. Spray chimichangas with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with cinnamon-sugar.
BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 160
- Calories from Fat: 15
- Total Fat: 1.5g (2% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0g (0% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 105mg (4% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 37g (12% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (10% of DV)
- Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 10% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.