Abuelita Poached Pears
Elegant Abuelita Poached Pears are simple to make and rich with chocolate flavor. Top with whipped cream or ice cream and try a garnish of chopped nuts or a sprig of mint to add extra color. Coffee liqueur is optional but adds an extra level of flavor dimension.
- 1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 4 ripe pears, peeled, cored and cut lengthwise in half
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur (optional)
- Sweetened whipped cream or light vanilla ice cream
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
REMOVE pears; set aside. Continue to cook sauce over medium heat for 20 minutes or until thickened and reduced. Remove from heat; add coffee liqueur.
SERVE two pear halves in each of four individual dessert plates. Top with Abuelita sauce and whipped cream or ice cream. Serve immediately.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 420
- Calories from Fat: 25
- Total Fat: 2.5g (4% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (7% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 10mg (3% of DV)
- Sodium: 170mg (7% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 101g (34% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 7g (27% of DV)
- Sugars: 85g
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 10% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.