Abuelita Tres Leches is a chocolatey version of the classic "three milk" cake. This one is worth the extra effort and is a perfect choice for any festive gathering or special family event.
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 can (7.6 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ Media Crema
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate Syrup
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk (squeezable bottle)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup rum (optional)
- 1 container (8 ounces) whipped topping
PREPARE cake mix according to package directions. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Prick top of cake thoroughly with fork; set aside to cool completely.
COMBINE media crema, Abuelita syrup, sweetened condensed milk, milk and rum in medium bowl. Pour 2 cups of cream over cake. Let stand for 30 minutes. Repeat process with remaining sauce.
SPREAD whipped topping over top of cake; refrigerate before serving.
Review This Recipe
This cake is really delicious!!! I love abuelita chocolate and tres leches cake but I would have never thought of combining them all I can say is mmmmm!!!! Good!!