These rich and chewy butterscotch brownies make for a special after-school treat.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup morsels and nuts. Spread into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining morsels.
BAKE for 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Review This Recipe
After-School Butterscotch Brownies
First time baking with Splenda Brown Sugar in a recipe, nice change in flavor. Great butterscotch taste! The texture was a little dry for me, if I baked these again I would use less flour.
Read More Reviews