Ajiaco Soup, a typical dish from Bogotá, is a comforting meal made with guascas leaves (from the Andes) that lend a unique aroma and flavor to this dish.
- 3 lbs. chicken thighs, skin removed
- 6 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 teaspoons dried guascas or thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs. mixed potatoes (red, russet and yellow), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ears of corn, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ Media Crema
- Accompaniments: NESTLÉ Media Crema, chopped avocado and capers
PLACE chicken, water, onion, celery, bouillon and guascas in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook for 30 minutes.
REMOVE chicken to cool. Add potatoes to broth; cover. Cook for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Mash some of the potatoes in pan with potato masher.
REMOVE chicken meat from bones and return to pan. Add corn and lime juice; cook, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/2 cup media crema. Serve with media crema, avocado and capers.
Review This Recipe
I made this for my family and they loved it. I tastes very authentic to that which I had in Colombia, but I'm sure easier to prepare. It went together in a snap and the flavors are rich and satisfying.
Delicious Chicken Soup
I recently made this for my husband who is originally from Bogota, Colombia. He loved it! This soup makes a delicious winter meal. Thanks for a great recipe.
easy and good
This wasn't that big of a deal to make, and it was a very tasty homey dish. I liked that it was one pot in a way and a complete meal that tasted good even the next day.