All-Star Potato, Bacon & Corn Chowder
This All-Star Potato, Bacon & Corn Chowder is a real power hitter with a perfect combination of sunny yellow corn and crispy bacon. Baked potato toppings will drive the crowd wild and even if your team doesn’t score, this rich and creamy dish will!
- 2 cans (14 fl. oz. each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 can (15 1/4 oz.) no-salt added whole-kernel corn, drained
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, additional cooked and/or crumbled bacon (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I MADE THIS SOUP FOR MY BOYFRIEND AND MYSELF AND WE LOVED IT! I ADDED 2 DICED POTATOES TO MAKE IT CHUNKIER AND LEFT OUT 1/2 CUP OF THE FLAKES. TASTE JUST LIKE THE BAKED POTATO SOUPS IN THE RESTURANTS AND IS SUPER EASY TO MAKE.
quick soup wins points
Well, this soup won points for quick making - ultimately it was a little grainier than I like - it was gobbled up nonetheless bcz the flavors were simple and pot on.
Since potato flakes now come in a variety of flavors this may be a great way to change your soup by changing the flavor of the potato flakes you use.
Wonderful Flavor and Easy to Make
I made this for my family tonight. It was a HUGE hit. Every last bite was gone. I barely had to wash the pot. Delious flavor! I added some sour cream as an additional topping.
WHOLE FAMILY'S SOUP
EVERYONE IN FAMILY LOVED THE SOUP, BOYS, MEN, GIRLS AND THE WOMEN LOVED THE FAST AND EASY SOUP.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 240
- Calories from Fat: 90
- Total Fat: 10g (15% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 6g (30% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 40mg (13% of DV)
- Sodium: 350mg (15% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 25g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (8% of DV)
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 13g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 80% of DV
- Calcium: 25% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.