Delicious Almond-Chocolate Coffee Cake is perfect for brunch, snacks and treats!
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tablespoon NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups plain yogurt
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Generously butter 10-inch Bundt pan or 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
COMBINE nuts, brown sugar, morsels, cocoa, coffee granules, apricots and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
BEAT butter in large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar and vanilla extract; beat for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, until mixture is completely smooth. Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt; beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix until smooth. Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Spread half the nut mixture on top; repeat layers.
BAKE for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes before carefully turning cake out onto rack. Serve warm with powdered sugar sifted lightly over the top, if desired.
Review This Recipe
chocolate-almond coffee cake
I changed the almonds for dates. This cake was very moist . I took it to a potluck breakfast and came home with an empty plate.
Read More Reviews