Almond-Chocolate Coffee Cake
Delicious Almond-Chocolate Coffee Cake is perfect for brunch, snacks and treats!
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tablespoon NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups plain yogurt
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE nuts, brown sugar, morsels, cocoa, coffee granules, apricots and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
BEAT butter in large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar and vanilla extract; beat for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, until mixture is completely smooth. Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt; beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix until smooth. Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Spread half the nut mixture on top; repeat layers.
BAKE for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes before carefully turning cake out onto rack. Serve warm with powdered sugar sifted lightly over the top, if desired.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Think was a pretty good cake although I did expect a bit more flavor of coffee and chocolate. It was not too sweet and instructions were easy to follow.
There is cocoa powder in this cake
Baking cocoa powder Mellows in with this cake . I like this cake with a nice HOT cup of chocolate milk .
I love this recipe.
This recipe was delicious and easy to make.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 440
- Calories from Fat: 160
- Total Fat: 18g (27% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 9g (47% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 85mg (29% of DV)
- Sodium: 440mg (18% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 63g (21% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 35g
- Protein: 8g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.