Almond Crescents are an easy holiday treat when you start with our refrigerated tub dough and then shape the dough into crescents filled with sliced almonds and a little touch of almond extract for that extra special sophisticated flavor. The crescents can also be dipped in melted chocolate for a different look.
- 1 1/4 cups (about 1/3 tub) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Tub Dough, slightly softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 325º F.
COMBINE cookie dough and flour in medium mixing bowl. Stir almonds and almond extract into cookie dough. Roll dough into 18, 1 1/4-inch balls; shape each ball into a 1 1/2-inch crescent. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
• Dough can be made in advance, shaped into cookies and refrigerated until ready for baking.
• Almond Crescents can be dipped in melted NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi- Sweet Chocolate Morsels if desired as a finishing touch.
• Create three types of Christmas cookies from just one tub of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Tub Dough. Make this recipe along with two other 12 Days of Christmas Cookies recipes.
• Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a larger batch.
Review This Recipe
Yummy variation of my kids favorite Christmas cookie(vanilla kippfil). Great with coffee.
Easier to make than grinding all the nuts!!
Read More Reviews