Angel Hair with Tomato-Cream Sauce
Creamy tomato sauce over angel hair pasta makes a heavenly and simple to prepare meal.
- 2 containers BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce (15 oz.)
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 packages BUITONI Refrigerated Angel Hair Pasta (9 oz.)
- BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Toss with sauce. Season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I used one of the other reviewers' suggestions and used low-fat sour cream instead of the evaporated milk. I also added a little salt and a little bit of italian seasoning to the sauce. I turned out great! I served it with a salad with homemade italian dressing, garlic bread, and white wine. It was a big hit with me and my dinner guest! It was so simple and tasted very fresh! Thanks!
My twist on this...
Instead of using evaporated milk, I usually use regular or low fat sour cream. It gives the sauce a tangy kick and makes it delicious!
I loved it!
The other comments said that salt was needed... and that's true, but other than that, we loved it!! I didn't realize how simple it was to make a tomato cream sauce that tasted as good as what you get in a good restraunt. Especially from a pre-made spagetti sauce!!! I served this to even my small kids and they loved it... with salad and breadsticks. What a great dinner!!!
Very good for vegetarians
I liked the taste, the sauce and the smell. Overall very good - had to add little salt.
I was disappointed with this recipe.....it needs something to perk it up!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 350
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 6g (10% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 45mg (14% of DV)
- Sodium: 860mg (36% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 58g (19% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (17% of DV)
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 14g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 8% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.