Italian Bean Spread
With its spice and robust garlic flavor, this classic Italian spread offers one delicious bite after another.
Created by Chef Michael Chiarello.
- 1/4 cup packed Italian parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce (15 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Crackers or grilled bread
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
SERVE with crackers or grilled bread.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Fabulous my husband always wants me to make this when we are having people over, he thinks it goes with everything. We love it and so do our friends!
I'm always looking for flavorful and spicy dishes and this dip certainly fits the bill for a spicy, yet tasty appetizer!!
Serving Size: 1/2 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 150
- Calories from Fat: 40
- Total Fat: 4.5g (7% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0g (0% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 250mg (10% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 21g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 8g (32% of DV)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 7g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 4% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.