Sweet butterscotch, brown sugar and cinnamon give this elegant apple tart a rich aroma and flavor. Perfect served warm with ice cream or whipped topping.
- 1 pastry for single-crust pie
- 5 cups (about 5 medium) peeled and thinly sliced tart green apples
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled butter or margarine
- 1 container vanilla ice cream
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
LINE 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with pastry; trim away excess pastry. Arrange apples in pastry shell; sprinkle morsels over apples. Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle mixture over filling.
BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Remove side of tart pan. Serve warm with ice cream.
Review This Recipe
Mini Apple Butterscotch tarts
I made this tart last week took two slices to my sister-in-law,( she is almost blind and can no longer bake) she phoned me later and said how GOOD it was so yesterday I made the recipe again but, this time I doubled the recipe,put the apples into 4 small 6-inch springform pans and baked them 30 minutes, they turned out wonderful. each little pie is enough for 2, I froze two of them, and took them to her, so she can defrost them when needed.
Read More Reviews