Serve these Apple Cinnamon Empanadas warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce for a great finale to a Mexican meal. Great for breakfast too!
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples, prepared according to package directions, chilled
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (36-count) frozen roll dough, defrosted according to package directions
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
COMBINE cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar and vanilla extract in medium bowl; mix until smooth. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
PLACE dough for 1 roll on lightly floured surface; roll into 4-inch circle. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon Harvest Apples onto lower half; brush edges with milk. Fold dough in half; crimp edges with fork. Repeat with remaining dough.
BRUSH each empanada with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Place on prepared baking sheets.
BAKE for 15 minutes or until golden brown; serve warm.
Review This Recipe
During my freshman year at high school, I had to make a Mexican food for a project. When I found the apple cinnamon empanadas, they looked so good I had to make them. When I brought them to class, everybody loved them and wanted more. They all said that they were the best out of all the food that was brought. So I tried one when I got home, and found out for myself that they really were good.
Read More Reviews