Serve these Apple Cinnamon Empanadas warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce for a great finale to a Mexican meal. Great for breakfast too!
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples, prepared according to package directions, chilled
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (36-count) frozen roll dough, defrosted according to package directions
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
COMBINE cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar and vanilla extract in medium bowl; mix until smooth. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
PLACE dough for 1 roll on lightly floured surface; roll into 4-inch circle. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon Harvest Apples onto lower half; brush edges with milk. Fold dough in half; crimp edges with fork. Repeat with remaining dough.
BRUSH each empanada with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Place on prepared baking sheets.
BAKE for 15 minutes or until golden brown; serve warm.
Review This Recipe
Great...but needed help finding the ingredients
This recipe was delicious once I got around to making it, since I had trouble finding the Stouffer's Harvest Apples and the frozen roll dough. I ended up using my favorite apple pie recipe and the refrigerated grand size flaky biscuits split in half (for a serving a 8 biscuits, I made 16 empanadas).
Read More Reviews