Cobblers are an old-fashioned, American dessert. Apples and cranberries are a great combination, and offers a colorful "eye-catching" appeal for your family and friends.
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk, or Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (21-oz. can) apple pie filling
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup hot water
- Nondairy fat-free whipped topping (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COMBINE milk, flour, sugar, butter, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl; stir until just blended. Spread into prepared baking dish. Combine apple pie filling and cranberries in medium bowl; spread evenly over batter. Carefully pour hot water over fruit.
BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm with whipped topping.
Review This Recipe
Very easy and very yummy
Originally, I was looking for something to use up the rest of the evaporated milk from the chicken recipe. This was very easy to make and delicious. I used fresh apples and cherry flavored dried cranberries (what I had on hand). This is definitely a recipe I will use again.
Read More Reviews