Apple-Cranberry Wheat Muffins are a treat the whole family will enjoy. Try these delicious apple cranberry muffins for breakfast or Sunday brunch!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1/3 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped baking apple
- 3/4 cup OCEAN SPRAY® CRAISINS® Original Dried Cranberries
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
PREHEAT oven to 400º F. Grease or paper-line 12 muffin cups.
COMBINE all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, granulated sugar, wheat germ, baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl.
BEAT evaporated milk, Juicy Juice, oil and egg in small bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in apple and cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
BAKE for 14 to 16 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.
Review This Recipe
My husband wanted some apple muffins to take on a trip and I decided to give these a shot. They were absolutely wonderful! I was afraid they would be on the dry side, what with the wheat flour, but we were both very pleasantly surprised.
Read More Reviews