Apple-Cranberry Wheat Muffins
Apple-Cranberry Wheat Muffins are a treat the whole family will enjoy. Try these delicious apple cranberry muffins for breakfast or Sunday brunch!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1/3 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped baking apple
- 3/4 cup OCEAN SPRAY® CRAISINS® Original Dried Cranberries
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, granulated sugar, wheat germ, baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl.
BEAT evaporated milk, Juicy Juice, oil and egg in small bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in apple and cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
BAKE for 14 to 16 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Ruth R.--Try using rice flour instead of the wheat flours, or maybe kamut in place of the whole wheat. These don't have gluten.
healthy is yummy
I was surprised that these muffins tasted so good for being "healthy". They were easy and taste great warmed in the microwave the next day.I will make them again soon.
My husband wanted some apple muffins to take on a trip and I decided to give these a shot. They were absolutely wonderful! I was afraid they would be on the dry side, what with the wheat flour, but we were both very pleasantly surprised.
Recipes are good!
this is a great one!
Do you think that a recipe entitled "Apple-Cranberry Wheat Muffins" might have the ingredients APPLES and CRANBERRIES listed??????? Editor Note: This recipe does contain both apples and cranberries.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 200
- Calories from Fat: 50
- Total Fat: 6g (9% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (4% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 20mg (6% of DV)
- Sodium: 270mg (11% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 35g (12% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 4% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.