No one can resist the aroma of a deep dish Apple Crumb Pie baking. Top this mouth watering treat with a generous dollop of whipped cream, a hot mug of Nescafe coffee or a cold glass of milk, and your family will sing your praises.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 2 packages (12 oz.) STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples, defrosted, according to package directions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
COMBINE escalloped apples and cinnamon in small bowl; pour into pie shell. Combine flour, sugar and butter in medium bowl; mix with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
BAKE for 40 to 50 minutes or until filling bubbles around edges and topping is golden brown. Serve with whipped cream.
Review This Recipe
I made this pie last night, and it turned out really well! My boyfriend and I practically ate it all ourselves. I used real apples and made my own crust because I didn't have frozen apples or a pie crust on hand. That worked great though. I'll definitely make it again!
Read More Reviews