No one can resist the aroma of a deep dish Apple Crumb Pie baking. Top this mouth watering treat with a generous dollop of whipped cream, a hot mug of Nescafe coffee or a cold glass of milk, and your family will sing your praises.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 2 packages (12 oz.) STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples, defrosted, according to package directions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
COMBINE escalloped apples and cinnamon in small bowl; pour into pie shell. Combine flour, sugar and butter in medium bowl; mix with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
BAKE for 40 to 50 minutes or until filling bubbles around edges and topping is golden brown. Serve with whipped cream.
Review This Recipe
This was perfect but I made a few good changes: )
This is a great recipe, I however used real apples and I made two batches of crumbs and in one batch I added a little bit of whipped cream to make the crumbs thick like play dough. I then put the thick crumbs on the pie first as like a base for the crumbs then I put the second batch of regular crumbs right on top and this turned out great! I'v made it several times and its a big hit at my family gatherings!
Read More Reviews