Apple Ginger Brown Rice
This Apple Ginger Brown Rice recipe is a simple and flavorful side dish that will work well on any holiday table. Unlike white rice, brown rice retains the nutritious bran and germ covering of the rice grain.
Read more about this recipe on the Nestlé Kitchens blog.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/4 cup golden raisins or currants
- Ground black pepper
- Sliced green onions (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
STIR in rice and ginger. Add water, Juicy Juice and bouillon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 40 minutes or until most of liquid is almost absorbed and rice is almost tender. Remove from heat.
STIR in raisins. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork; season with pepper. Garnish with green onions.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 160
- Calories from Fat: 35
- Total Fat: 4g (6% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g (3% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 190mg (8% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 28g (9% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 15% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.