Apple Quinoa Salad
Packed with nutrition and bursting with flavor, this easy-to-make Apple Quinoa Salad provides a delicious dose of whole grains. And it's the perfect complement to kids' OR adults lunches – boosting energy levels to get through the day. Quinoa is a complete protein, and provides an abundance of nutrition and energy.
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ivory quinoa, rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium red or green apples, diced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, washed and cut in half
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD apples, celery, cherries, mint, oil, salt and pepper to quinoa. Squeeze lemon juice over salad; toss to coat.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Apple Quinoa Salad
Quinoa and appple, what''s not to love? Very easy salad to put together and doesn''t taste too bad either.
This is pretty good and quite healthy. I couldn't find quinoa at my local grocery store so used barley and it turned out just fine.
People wanted more
I had a 60th surprise birthday party for my husband a couple weeks ago. This was one of the salads I made. I had about 35 guest. EVERYONE loved this salad! It was different and tasty! I trippled the amounts given and it turned out very good. Hope you enjoy it too! Nydia
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 210
- Calories from Fat: 35
- Total Fat: 4g (6% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g (3% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 120mg (5% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 40g (13% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (14% of DV)
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 5g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 25% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.