Packed with nutrition and bursting with flavor, this easy-to-make Apple Quinoa Salad provides a delicious dose of whole grains. And it's the perfect complement to kids' OR adults lunches – boosting energy levels to get through the day. Quinoa is a complete protein, and provides an abundance of nutrition and energy.
- 1 cup Apple NESTLÉ JUICY JUICE 100% Juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ivory quinoa, rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium red or green apples, diced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, washed and cut in half
PLACE Juicy Juice, water, quinoa and cinnamon in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Cool slightly; transfer to large serving bowl and cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
ADD apples, celery, cherries, mint, oil, salt and pepper to quinoa. Squeeze lemon juice over salad; toss to coat.
Review This Recipe
People wanted more
I had a 60th surprise birthday party for my husband a couple weeks ago. This was one of the salads I made. I had about 35 guest. EVERYONE loved this salad! It was different and tasty! I trippled the amounts given and it turned out very good. Hope you enjoy it too!
Read More Reviews