Packed with nutrition and bursting with flavor, this easy-to-make Apple Quinoa Salad provides a delicious dose of whole grains. And it's the perfect complement to kids' OR adults lunches – boosting energy levels to get through the day. Quinoa is a complete protein, and provides an abundance of nutrition and energy.
- 1 cup Apple NESTLÉ JUICY JUICE 100% Juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ivory quinoa, rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium red or green apples, diced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, washed and cut in half
PLACE Juicy Juice, water, quinoa and cinnamon in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Cool slightly; transfer to large serving bowl and cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
ADD apples, celery, cherries, mint, oil, salt and pepper to quinoa. Squeeze lemon juice over salad; toss to coat.
Review This Recipe
Apple Quinoa Salad
Quinoa and appple, what''s not to love? Very easy salad to put together and doesn''t taste too bad either.
This is pretty good and quite healthy. I couldn't find quinoa at my local grocery store so used barley and it turned out just fine.
People wanted more
I had a 60th surprise birthday party for my husband a couple weeks ago. This was one of the salads I made. I had about 35 guest. EVERYONE loved this salad! It was different and tasty! I trippled the amounts given and it turned out very good. Hope you enjoy it too!