Apple-Scotch Mac Pie
Bring the flavor of caramel apples into your kitchen! NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Morsels, crisp apples and macadamia nuts turn a simple pie crust into a caramel delight! Created by Louise Piper, Rolfe, IA.
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups peeled and coarsely shredded tart apple
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (2-cup volume) pie shell
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE eggs, corn syrup, apple, butter, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon in large bowl; mix well. Stir in nuts and morsels. Pour into pie shell.
BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
where is the apple taste?
First it bubbled over and made a sticky smoky mess in my oven. The pie itself smelled and looked good, but I am missing the apple taste, too much butterscotch flavor.
Different twist apple pie
I would never have thought to put butterscotch morsels in the mix. I loved the results I got. My four grown men loved this pie. My husband loves apple pie but not with butterscotch. He loves macadamia nuts so I will have to make his different! Great job!
My family loved this one.
Hubby loved it!
Hubby just LOVED this pie! And sometimes he's just a little hard to please! But not this time. 5-Stars!
Delicious and Yummy
This pie was so delicious. I really loved the flavor of the Macadamia Nuts in this pie. The pie did not last long at all in my house. Next time I will have to make two because everyone wanted seconds.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 730
- Calories from Fat: 350
- Total Fat: 39g (60% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 19g (93% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 125mg (42% of DV)
- Sodium: 370mg (15% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 92g (31% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 11g (43% of DV)
- Sugars: 42g
- Protein: 7g
- Vitamin A: 20% of DV
- Vitamin C: 70% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.