Bring the flavor of caramel apples into your kitchen! NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Morsels, crisp apples and macadamia nuts turn a simple pie crust into a caramel delight! Created by Louise Piper, Rolfe, IA.
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups peeled and coarsely shredded tart apple
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (2-cup volume) pie shell
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE eggs, corn syrup, apple, butter, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon in large bowl; mix well. Stir in nuts and morsels. Pour into pie shell.
BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Review This Recipe
I made and entered this recipe for my sons' school Halloween fair pie contest; it won in the apple pie category! Quite easy to make; however, I coarsely chopped the apples rather than shredded them.
Read More Reviews