This luscious Apple-Scotch Snack Cake is an excellent way to bring a meal to a magnificent conclusion. Make sure to save room for dessert.
- 2/3 cup QUAKER OATS® (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup QUAKER OATS® (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups peeled and finely chopped apple
- 1 1/3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
COMBINE oats, flour, butter and brown sugar in small bowl. With clean fingers, mix until crumbly; set aside.
COMBINE flour, oats, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Combine brown sugar and eggs with wire whisk. Whisk in 1 1/4 cups milk, melted butter and vanilla extract. Add to flour mixture all at once; add apples. Stir gently until just combined. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup morsels; crumble topping evenly over morsels.
BAKE for 40 minutes or until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Remove from oven to wire rack.
MICROWAVE remaining 1/3 cup morsels and 1 1/2 teaspoons milk in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Carefully drizzle over hot cake in pan. Cool in pan at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares; serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream, if desired. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Review This Recipe
Left them raving
I made this for my home group meeting and everyone loved it. Young and old alike said it was great. This is definitely on my list of favorites to make and it is so easy to make.
Read More Reviews