Enjoy the rich flavors of this unique Apple Spice Cake recipe that is easy to make. Chopped dried apples add texture and applesauce adds additional flavor to this favorite cake. Top with cinnamon flavored vanilla, white or cream cheese frosting.
- 1 cup Apple NESTLÉ JUICY JUICE 100% Juice
- 3/4 cup sliced dried apples, coarsely chopped
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) spice cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 container (16 ounces) prepared vanilla, white or cream cheese frosting
PLACE Juicy Juice and apples in small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 to 17 minutes or until juice has evaporated. Cool to room temperature.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease and lightly flour 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
COMBINE cake mix, water, eggs and applesauce in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in apples. Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Stir cinnamon into frosting; spread over cake.
Review This Recipe
Read More Reviews